A little of me who speaks


Theres a little of me who speaks
A little he, a little she

A little of me wants to sleep and dream, rest and bask in the sun
A little of me wants to wake up and run

A little of me wants to travel the land, visit places, experience and interact
A little of me wants to discover my act

A little of me seeks the luxuries of the world, wants to live life king size
A little of me just wants comfort and rice

A little of me wants to climb mountains, swim lakes, cross rivers, get lost in the sea
A little of me wants to return home and have a good nights sleep

A little of me wants you, your body, with the little pleasure you give me
A little of me just wants your company

A little of me wants to revolt, disrupt and change
A little of me wants but to consolidate

A little of me will never settle, till the other little has tested her mettle

In places I travel around the globe I seek home
When at home I seek the globe

Confused am I as always, which path should I take
Luxury and comfort stand on my way
Heart and the brain have to parley
The road you have paved is full of experiences- many times called mistakes

There is no detour in the journey of life
But a concoct of give and take

~~Ashutosh

Comments

Akash Sen said…
This scribble defines my problem too,
A visible singularity divided into two
Unknown said…
Waaow! Very powerful words! A great write Ashutosh! 🤩🤩

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome To Engineering....

Secularism in India